Monday, January 2, 2012

It's been a long time~

We shouldn't have left you (left you), without a dope beat to step to.

Step to.

S-S-Step to.

Yeah yeah, old school Timbaland lyrics.

Well... not long after my last post, Yukobe and I took another break from XI, this time for a totally different kind of reason-- we're expecting our first little Tarutaru! :) We had a lot to worry about, and at the time XI was just another expense for us. But we've recently made a comeback, and I've gotten more done in a month than recent years! We'll see what happens this month, as our little bundle is due next month...

It's lengthy, so I'll make it a list!

Vacious:
* Completed Beyond Infinity: This was OBNOXIOUS. Thankfully between Yukobe, Eruntalo and I, we got our Seasoned Stones fast.. but the actual BCNM + finding people is disgusting. Everyone has pidgeonholed this fight into "you either have this job or you don't go" no matter what. 'Kobe got lucky, since he's a Beastmaster, and his very first group went in and owned it easily. Vacious wasn't so lucky. I got a BST/SMN group, failed it FOUR TIMES. These people didn't bring Dawn Mulsums, didn't use Reward.... like WTF. I know Abyssea makes you dumb, but come on. So I left that group with a massive headache... watched shouts over the next week, I'd get into groups for a second before they found out I didn't have Alexander and graciously dupe me. That will make you emo quickly. There were so many SMNs shouting that didn't have Alexander. I'll put this out there-- Perfect Defense makes it easier, of course, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED! If it WAS, then the annoying Moogle and his Taru friend would have said so. Sigh. Anyway. I finally ended up getting another group for this, and it was pretty unorthodox. I went as Thief, with a SAM, MNK, MNK, SMN, WHM. Looking at it, I guess I was the unorthodox part. XD But we won, with me getting the killing blow (and outliving everyone, thank you Perfect Dodge!). I was so happy to have that obnoxious sh!t out of the way. Seriously, SE? That's how you finale it?

* Got those levels: I managed to get Black Mage to 99 first, as always. It's the job I love to hate, because it's how I manage to get anything done. I've also gotten Thief and Summoner to 96, and my needed subjobs up to 49. And because I always said I would, my Monk is now 85 (on Vacious, Kiila's is 90)! It graduated into 3/5 AF2, and now I've got....

* Lots of Empyrean Armor +1: I've managed to get seals at an alarming rate. :O Monk graduated into 4/5 +1 pieces (haven't finished body), Thief is now 5/5, Summoner is 4/5 (it'd be 5/5 +1 if I could get my stupid feet!!), and Black Mage is... *drumroll* 1/5. Oh yeah. And the only BLM piece is the +1 Feet.. imagine that- I can't even GET my base SMN feet to drop, but 3 other jobs have theirs at +1, even BLM. Even so, my gear makes me pretty happy these days. I've gotten a decent amount of nice drops from the...

* Abyssea Notorious Monsters and Bosses we've beaten: With hours of research behind us, we went and duo'd any Abyssite, Empyrean drop, anything we could to catch up on Abyssea. We now have the majority of lower-tier Abyssites and all kinds of armor, accessories, etc. Vacious is currently 6/9 on Boss Wins and 4/6 Caturae; Yukobe is 5/9 bosses, 3/6 Caturae. /dance

* Missions: Unfortunately, we are still only Rank 7 in San d'Oria. /dies We haven't sat down to do it yet, but DAMN I hope we do soon. We've also been slacking in.... every single other mission area..... *ahem* We'll fix that soon. There's no reason why we shouldn't be rolling through them, aside from time restraints.

* Trial of the Magians: No one in all of Vana'diel could live without mentioning these assholes at least once. We've been working steady on them, I've completed one Kila+2 for EVA, working on a Dex one, working on STR+ATT one for MNK, I've somewhat abandoned my PLD and SMN weapons for now in lieu of the others, and Yukobe's gotten one Guichard's Axe +2 completed, working on second. I'm so sick of weather conditions and weekdays I could puke (more than the little one already makes me).

* Skillups: Maxed Dagger, maxed Evasion for Thief. Monk needs skills badly-- it's made getting the trial weapons hell, but at least I'm killing two colibri with one stone. Only other skills I've gotten are random magic ones, haven't worked on anything else. Abyssea, I both love and hate you for gimping my Monk and making it 85 in less than three hours at the same time. Oh, and I got the new Dagger weapon skill, Exenterator, and I look sweet doing it. ♥

OH, AND I GOT THAT STUPID FVCKER LAMINA TO DROP THE KUSHA'S RING. OH YEAH. TWO OR THREE KILLS AFTER COMING BACK.

I think that's enough mumbling on for now. Til next time, Vana'diel..

No comments: