In the two weeks (for those of us with Collector's Editions, anyway) of Eorzea being up and running, I have to say I've enjoyed myself for the most part. It's... interesting being a n00b all over again. Hell, it's been a long time since I was a n00b at all! Going from playing XI for 6~ years and being a walking, talking XI encyclopedia to... not knowing a damned thing is both frustrating and refreshing. It's exciting (to me, at least) to watch a new game unfold. A genesis that we can be part of.
A few *NEW* notes!
# Lalafell are amazing. They're super animated and emotive... I just freakin' love them. Just like Tarutaru. My little Vacious Wacious is epic.
# Miqote are not Mithras. Obviously in the sense that they just look like girls with cat ears and a tail on, but I mean that their personality is NOTHING like Mithras. That made me sad, and subsequently... Kiila does not exist in the world of XIV. :( I was sad... but it wasn't Kiila. It wasn't sexy tomboy with a swagger in her walk. Miqote are WAY too reserved.
# Gridania is NOT Windurst. I said it before, and for some reason, I still made Vacious in Gridania. So far, the story is.. all right. I like the other two stories better. I guess I'm just attracted to the forest and greenery, but I feel let down by the lack of... mysticism, I spose, that Windurst emanated in comparison. Windurst also had Summoner, which everyone knows is my ♥. It had its own history, its own myths.. God I miss Windurst.
# Lots of people have lots of problems with XIV. My personal deal? The game is less than a month old. It's a work in progress. I don't think anyone can truly expect an MMO to be 100% at launch, because none of them have been. There are constant patches, revamps, additions, and tweaks that go on. Now, I'm glad that Square-Enix is listening to the community and doing something about it- that shows their involvement and desire to make this game what XI was in its heyday. But the extent of some of the complaints is absurd.
# I'm not sure if I'll end up with anyone aside from Vacious this time around. While I've been thinking- it's so easy in this one, there's nothing to 'catch up' to constantly, at the same time Vacious makes the best little everything. I find myself heavily critiquing other races in their every little movement, and Lalafell always do it best. ♥ It bothers me that you can't experience any other story lines (yet, I assume), but I certainly will not have 3 characters at an extra 3 bucks a pop!
I think the game is pretty. I love the crafting system. It's something new, something fresh. You can do whatever you want- there are no cookie cutters to fit in, yet. It's not a race, it's not imperative, it's not commanding-- it's just the way I like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment