Sunday, January 18, 2009

Singing Songs, Dancing & Getting Eaten

...by mobs, of course. I've gotten quite a bit done since the holiday rush died off! (I thought I took like 50 pictures for this post, but I only had 3... hrmm. Might have them on my laptop..) Anyway!

First, leveling. I've managed to get Dancer to 25 (which is really all I wanted for now- Spectral Jig and the new Waltzes) and Bard to 60! From 56-60 in 3? days = awesome. I'm currently in a party trying to get 61 (only a few more fights!) before Einherjar and Dynamis-Jeuno!

Speaking of Dynamis, today's will be our first Dynamis back with the group- last Sunday, we had some electrical issues and the power wasn't back on until about an hour after Dynamis-Buburimu had started. Because shit tends to happen that way. Especially on my day off. Le sigh. I hope everything goes well today- I just want to have a good time with the LS after so long away.
---
Gearing my Bard has actually been a lot of fun. Thus far, I'm looking like this:
Head: Noble's Ribbon (until 65 with Opo-Opo Crown)
Body: Gaudy Harness (Minstrel's Coat at 62; Yigit Gomlek at 72)
Hands: Choral Cuffs (No major upgrading these, unless I get Sea and AF+1)
Legs: Choral Cannions (Pretty good until 75 from what I hear.)
Feet: Cobra Pigaches (Sha'ir at 72? I'm dreaming of Oracle's Pigaches, but that's a lengthy road.)
Weapons: Terra's/Apollo's Staves (Don't think there's anything better?)
Grip: Bugard Strap (Earth/Light Grips once I hit 70)
Neck: Star Necklace (I plan on getting a Wind Torque down the road.)
Earrings: Melody Earring +1 x2 (Unless I manage to get Sea + Ancient Coins quick, I won't have a Musical Earring for a while...)
Rings: Nereid Rings / Loyalty Rings (Trying for a Minstrel's Ring ASAP!)
Back: Jester's Cape +1 (Best I can get from what I understand.)
Belt: Gleeman's Belt (Same as above.)

So there are a few things I'd like to get, but overall I've got a pretty solid BRD mapped to 75. I'm hoping to have Sea access by the end of the year- it's January, I don't see why not!- In all actuality, since I've had so little time since August 2008, I've gotten to where I don't want to waste time on little things that don't advance me as a character. I plan to really overcome some obstacles this year!
---
A few days ago, Darkcow and I (ridiculously) tried to duo the Cernunnos NM for the WotG Mission Daughter of a Knight.

Photobucket

Darkcow went as WHM/DRK, and I was SMN/RDM. While we did manage to dent his HP via Carbuncle kiting, Stunning and Dispelling, he eventually caught me off guard with Stonega III. Needless to say, the Tarutaru Summoner ate Junger Forest dirt. D: That will definitely take more people than just us two..
---
I also tried the Treasure and Tribulations BCNM, in hopes of 1)winning, 2)not dying, and 3)maybe getting some loot, specifically the Minstrel's Ring. It went like this: Yukobe + Darkcow say "MEDIUM CHEST!" and they're both really good guessers. I send Carbuncle out (went as SMN/WHM) and hit the Chest.

Photobucket

Nope. Before I could make it back to the Burning Circle to exit, I was drawn in and pwnt. I know it's Russian Roulette, but hell it was worth a shot.
---
Anyway, it's Einherjar time!

1 comment:

Evilpaul said...

Treasures and Tribulations...just go /BLM or use a Warp Scroll. Have Earthen Ward and Aerial Armor on and you'd have to try to die to get killed doing it that way. :-)