While I still haven't had a mass of time to play in, I've gotten a bunch of random stuff done lately, some of it by accident!
My first time logging back on, Resheph informs me that a friend of his got killed by Cemetery Cherry, and that we should go try to kill it. Because that's what we do best! When we got there, the party was a BLM, THF, Resh as PLD and myself as SMN. I didn't really understand this guy's spawn conditions until we got there; all of the Cherry Saplings must be defeated before he will pop.
So we got started on these little guys. After about 10 minutes of killing Saplings off, Cemetery Cherry popped!
The fight started out pretty well, with the BLM and I hangin' back on MP to keep everyone happy and healthy, with me using Rage Blood Pacts when available. This guy has an absurd amount of HP- like, 40,000 to be exact. We whittled him down for a little while... and then Resheph died to a nasty pinecone bomb. It was all downhill pretty quick from there, with me being put to Sleep as the last survivor and not getting Carbuncle out fast enough. Sigh.
We got eated. :[ But it was interesting~! And made me emo, thanks to the Home Pointing I did as Summoner...
---
In other news, the time has come (and gone) for the Starlight Celebration event! The event itself was interesting, having you run all over to punch out boxes for Tokens.
This year's item, the Dream Bell, is pretty cool. And useless. But it's fun to hear jingle~jangle when you hit stuff!
---
Darkcow, Resh and I decided to try the new Moblin Maze Mongers for the first time, too!
It was a little confusing to figure out at first, but I gots it. I'm still not sure which Runes do what.. Anyway, our first maze was great- nothing but Wind Elementals.
Needless to say, with a Summoner, Paladin, and White Mage, we failed by Time Out.
The second time we went in, I changed to BLM/WHM, and Darkcow changed to NIN sub. We got Crawlers as the first set, which we walked through, and the second set was nothing but Efts.. with these little buggers, Time Out. Again, we failed.
On the third try, we learned that we could bring any level and the mobs would auto-adjust to the lowest person, assuming you were on Tabula 01. So we brought Darkcow's level 12 Ranger! Needless to say, a 75 BLM + PLD decimates that stuff. So does a 75 MNK + PLD with Darkcow's alt., Bluemary's 36 WAR!
At the end of the day, we all walked away with the new~and awesomely bad ass Eyepatch!
And we all look totally awesome. ♥ And now, the fashion shots!
---
After all that craziness, I decided to work on Kiila's subs some. I Level Synced + Fields of Valor'd it up with Darkcow's Paladin (and then Eruntalo's THF!).
I got Ranger from 35 to 37, and I'm currently working on White Mage with Bluemary's Warrior. Just hit 28! I'm actually thinking that, instead of just working on Vacious' next 75, that I should work on Kiila's Samurai or Corsair. They're closer!
1 comment:
I know the feeling. Seems like every other MMM run we end up getting elementals of one sort or another. Pays to have least one solid source of elemental damage handy every run (scholar just rocks on MMM) =D
Post a Comment