Sunday, February 22, 2009

A New Interloper+

The past few days have been a roller coaster. Saturday morning, I was going to bid on a Gigant Mantle, when my roomate apparently stepped on my keyboard (I play on 360 with a compact Logitech keyboard, it was in the floor...) and, while I didn't notice the change on my screen, made me bid my max gil for a Torama Mantle. An 8,ooogil Torama Mantle. 418,073 gil for it. The seller's name is Bowii, and it's apparently someone's mule. I've tried contacting him, but of course, no luck. I know there's nothing in the ToS saying he'd have to give it back.... but still. When it's happened to me before, I have tracked the person down who overpaid and given them their excess gil back. And, I mean, if it's a tiny amount, a few hundred or something, that's questionable. But a 410,073 overpay? I should have known I wouldn't be so fortunate. I hope you're enjoying all my gil, Bowii..

At least I got one of my Snow Rings before that happened. Seeing the '0 gil' on Vacious was devastating, especially considering I sold my Vermillion Cloak to get it.

Anyway. On to less depressing news. In a bit. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to do Einherjar today, even though I needed the win for that Chamber and all. And I showed up two hours early just to make sure I could go. Le sigh. Someday, maybe, the Omega Ring (and Odin fight) will be mine.

Now, the good stuff. It's time for the Doll Festival again!

I love seeing the decorations around town for it- so beautiful! I wish I could see Cherry Blossom season in real life.. Anyway. I always enjoy the cross-culture events on XI; it's interesting to see what other cultures celebrate and find meaningful.
---
This week's Dynamis is Xarcabard, which we ran through today.



With, as always, a highlight picture!:


That crowd is how you spell 'utter rampage.' But we had a good time, netting several Af2, including 3 (maybe even 4?) Duelist Chapeaus and 3 Warrior's Loricas.. the WAR pieces dropped 2x in a row, then like a mob inbetween, then the third. Awesome. We also took a shot at the Dynamis Lord.


That second one is him unleashing a TP attack on my head. Good times. :D Much to our delight, it was a success! He KO'd several of us at about 10% HP, but the few survivors (and a few that Reraised) came to the rescue and took him out. ♥ Lifter of Shadows // Dynamis -Xarcabard Interloper for the first time! I was uber-excited!!
---
I'm back to working on Bard! It's sitting at roughly 9,000 til 66. Awww right.

1 comment:

Eruntalo said...

Man, a Duelist Chapeau sounds nice. :)