---
While attempting to gather members for Operation Desert Swarm, a shout caught my eye:
"CoP2-5 Ancient Vows, Do you need it? 4/6 /tell"
O__O I immediately sent the guy a tell, saying that Darkcow and I were both on and able to come. Thankfully, we just so happened to need two healers, and we were both in!! We fought our way through Riverne A-01, farming our Giant Scales along the way, and made it to Monarch Linn in a short time. We went with the 3Ninja, 3White Mage technique:
And everything went perfectly smooth! Well, perfectly meaning no one died and we won first round, since "perfect" isn't close to perfect in XI. :P We were ecstatic to finally have completed this mission, and we rushed to get our cutscenes and move on.
After doing all of the CS up to 3-3, we headed out to do the Sand'Orian and Windurstian legs of the mission. The Jugner Forest fight came first..
And Garuda stomped the guts out of the Overgrown Ivy, even moreso than we thought she would! So we went and finished the cutscenes in Sand'Oria, and moved on to Windurst.
Once we got the 8 million CS there, we headed for Attowha Chasm in search of Lioumere. He was a piece of cake, too...
Hey, I'm not complaining! I'm glad to have something easy for a change. :P We then trekked up the big ol' mountain to get our Mimeo feathers. (And I made Cow fall off once ; ; sorry!)
After all that work (and a taco break!), we were finally ready for Darkness Named- a mission we had hoped to get done for a lonnnng time now. We formed a pickup group for the fight, and navigated our way through Pso'Xja to the Shrouded Maw. We discussed strategy, buffed up, and entered the fray against Diabolos.
Which ended like this:
Everyone actually did really well, we just got caught off guard with a Nightmare + Sleepga. So after we all raised up, we went for it again.
This time went flawless, and we walked out with a win! We were completely ecstatic about our luck- from Ancient Vows 2-5 to being on Chapter 4 in less than 24 hours. And here I thought it would take all summer! ♥ Thanks again to those who helped.
---
After our wonderful CoP day, we headed off to sky. Much to my dismay, it wasn't anywhere near as happy as the previous events yesterday. Everyone was getting lost, no one knew where to go for the lack of leaders, it was a big, pissed-off mess. After asking for help, I was snubbed and just told I needed to get the map. Sure, I'll get the map, when the keys stop being free lot after I ask for map...but I digress. Then a bunch of people got pissy when everyone was getting frustrated, with Darkcow dying, then half the people wiping, because no one was leading or putting out directions. Not to mention, we were told to stop farming and be at Byakko at 10PM, half the people got there at 10:45...ya. By the end of it, though, we got the pop items we needed, and took down four Byakko pops. Congrats to those who got their items (and 3/4 Haidate, not bad!). We decided that we would shout for a Diabolos Prime fight group in the morning.
---
So today, we get up and get online, and start shouting for members. We quickly form a party consisting of PLD, SAM, BLM, BLM, WHM, and RDM/DRK. Great! We had a great setup, this should go well. We get to Pso'Xja, and get into the Shrouded Maw. We talk up strategies, and head in.
Camera 1:
The first time, we got him down to about 15% when Nightmare took us out. The RDM "didn't see it." Okay, it's no prob, we'll reraise and try again. Second time, the RDM doesn't stun Nightmare...again. Okay... we'll do this a third time- third time's a charm, right? We rest, buff, and head back in a third time. We have a thorough plan laid out- Chainspell Stun, we BLM blow him up while the Samurai uses Meikyo Shisui and knocks him out. Well....the RDM once again doesn't stun Nightmare. We uses chainspell, casts Stun twice (not spamming, mind you), then just runs off. W.T.F. So yeah. He just doesn't even try, and we lose. He OBVIOUSLY had no clue how chainspell worked- I was curious if it was even his character. He even told us, "If I try to keep casting stun it will just fail!" Um, that's why you use Chainspell with it.....to, ya know, just KEEP CASTING it. So, three tries, all ruined by an ameteur Chainspeller. Lovely. We would have tried again, but Diabolos did Dispelga on top of us, while we were all casting (because, you know, the RDM was supposed to be stunning him), thus we all lost Reraise. Everyone was pretty bitter with the guy by then, because he just kept coming up with lame excuses for not doing the job he knew from the start he was there to do.
Oh well, better luck next time. I can't say I'm completely soured by it, we still got a ton of stuff done and I am so happy with that, it would have just been nice to beat Diabolos, too- icing on the cake, you know. :P So! My only real agenda today is making up lost EXP for BLM from having to home point...hurray for Campaign!
No comments:
Post a Comment